- Complete the Berea College Application for Admission, which also serves as your Tuition Promise Scholarship application. There is no fee to apply to Berea. A paper version of the application is also available here.
- Schedule an appointment for your personal interview.
- Complete and return two Freshman Evaluation and Endorsement Forms from a current/former teacher, principal, or other school administrator or community leader. Fill them out online or print and fill out this form.
- Complete and return the high school Counselor Evaluation Form (PDF).
- Complete your 2018-2019 FAFSA to determine your financial eligibility.
- Complete your Financial Resource Questionnaire (FRQ) to determine your financial eligibility.
- Send us your Official High School Transcript or GED results (Home School Students must use the Home School Supplement Form).
- Send us your Official ACT or SAT scores.
- OPTIONAL: 250-500 word personal statement and/or resume. We strongly encourage those who have experienced obstacles or adversity to submit this document, which allows us to better understand you as a student and as a person beyond your grades, test scores, and other quantitative data.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION TIPS AND TRICKS
- *If you haven’t recently been enrolled in high school, your Evaluation and Endorsement Forms should come from professionals in non-educational fields and/or other community leaders. Please note that general recommendations submitted on letterhead or in other forms WILL NOT fulfill this requirement, but will be included in the student’s application file
- The personal statement is an essay (app. 250-500 words) that describes significant accomplishments and/or challenges you have overcome and your motivations to do so. Please be sure to include your name and date of birth on each page. The header is an easy place to do this..
At Berea College, we take our admissions decisions seriously. When we review your application, we’ll consider more than just numbers on a piece of paper.
We will evaluate all of the elements in your application file, including your transcripts, test scores, recommendations, and your personal interview. This provides us with a complete picture of who you are as a student and who you hope to become.
Our Admissions Decision Team carefully considers every application for admission and scholarship to Berea College. So you can count on our team of dedicated professionals to consider you based on your merit, financial need, and ability to contribute to our educational community.
Berea College operates as rolling admissions; however interested students are strongly encouraged to apply early and meet priority deadlines. The College maintains an open admissions policy for all applicants and considers students regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation.
The admissions process conducts a holistic review of each applicant. Many factors are considered in the selection of an applicant, including a properly completed application, personal interview, official academic records, test scores and financial eligibility. In addition to these components, we value recommendations/endorsements, extracurricular and co-curricular activities (e.g. music ensembles, athletics, theatre), community service, character and personal qualities.