Sales Managers are in charge for supervising sales staff and making sure sales targets are attained. Some of their specific responsibilities include: implementing sales strategies, analyzing market trends, monitoring the competition, recruiting and training employees, and motivating salespeople. Sales Managers are required to collaborate closely with the marketing department in order to increase company revenue.
An example cover letter showcasing this type of assets is presented below.
Dear Mr. Moore:
Success in the world of sales requires perseverance, profit-driven focus, and exceptionally honed interpersonal skills. As an experienced professional with a strong history of managing client relationships and drastically increasing revenues, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Sales Manager.
My experience in securing new customers, analyzing market and competitive trends, negotiating and closing profitable deals, and nurturing beneficial relationships positions me to substantially impact your organization. By leveraging product expertise and keen insight to implement strategic sales and marketing solutions, I excel at connecting with key decision makers and quickly building profitable, lasting partnerships that sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Consistently outperforming corporate sales and revenue goals through the development of aggressive and successful business initiatives and effective sales team leadership, propelling drastic sales revenue increases while minimizing corporate expenses.
- Recruiting, training, and managing top-performing sales teams and coaching staff to achieve goals in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, management teams, and peers to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing superior team leadership, communication, and organizational skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer service.
My dedication to creating solid and productive partnerships, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with my articulate presentation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit Sillam’s sales team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Sample sales manager cover letter that can easily be adapted to create your own compelling letter.
A resume without a cover letter often lands up in the trash can. A well written and insightful cover letter provides concrete evidence of your suitability for the sales manager job opportunity.
Take time to target your cover letter to the specific job and persuade the employer that you are the right job candidate.
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Contact Job Title
Company City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms Last Name
Your recent advertisement for a Sales Manager has captured my serious interest. I am confident that my X years experience as a sales professional provides me with the capabilities to be a valuable asset to your organization. The enclosed resume reflects a well qualified and success-driven candidate for this job.
Some key points that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- successful track record of providing and driving powerful strategic vision to maximize growth and profitability
- achievement of an average X% sales growth over the previous 3 years
- conversion of over X% of customers to "repeat order" accounts
- identification and penetration of new markets to build market share by X%
- effective introduction of new product lines and programs to a diverse customer base
- efficient implementation of operational planning to achieve aggressive budget goals
- proven history of recruiting and developing top performing sales teams across X territories
I am positive that I can deliver the results you are looking for and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
This sales management resume can easily be adapted for your own use.
The full sales manager job description will assist you in developing your job application.
There are a number of core sales management behaviors that will ensure success in your job. These can be articulated in your sales manager cover letter to highlight your suitability for the opportunity.
In-demand Sales Manager Competencies
- superior communication skills - verbal and written
- high level of presentation skills
- effective negotiation skills
- coaching and motivation skills
- high energy level and stress-tolerance
- high degree of strategic planning
- strong relationship-building skills
- well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
Sales Manager Job Applications
Sales Cover Letter
Sales Resume Objectives
Sales Manager Cover Letter Tips
Sales Manager Interview Help
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Sales Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page